Monday, October 21, 2013

How do you find your next race? Next up: Weston Wright 10K!

Just as the El Paso racing season kicks off with some fantastic local events, I'm headed back to San Antonio until Thanksgiving.  

So I found a race for next weekend, along the wonderful Mission Trail.

All the time that I've lived or worked in San Antonio, and I've never heard of this race before:
The 5th Annual Weston Wright "Lighting the Way" 5K/10K, to support the children's education arm of the San Antonio Lighthouse for the Blind.  I'm happy to support this organization and from the website, it seems like Weston himself, an 8 year old, might be there too.

Come run with me!  I signed up for the 10K.  It's on Saturday!  You can register on race-day, and I love that the registration website has a "sleep-in special" where you can donate even if you know that you won't make it to race morning-- it's a website that knows my husband better than I do! :)

I find most of my races on Road Race Runner or Running In The USA race calendar, but these are not all-inclusive. How do you find upcoming races?  I feel like I miss a lot of great local events...

No comments:

Post a Comment