Friday, August 30, 2013

Dry Comal Creek 5 Mile Whine Run: Labor Day 2013

I am thankful to have the day off on Monday!  I will celebrate with D who is coming to visit for the weekend and we plan to run the San Antonio Road Runner Labor Day 5 Mile Whine Run at Dry Comal Creek Vineyards in New Braunfels.

I am embarrassed to say that in all my time in San Antonio I've never been to New Braunfels though it is just up the road.  And the home of some great barbecue: a friend recommended Cooper's BBQ.

I've never even done an event with the San Antonio Road Runners either, and I'm looking forward to learning more about this group.

It's a chip-timed race and from the website, the scenery looks beautiful.  I can't find a course map but I hope that the race travels through the vineyards.  I imagine there is some wine at the end...or during!

Who's in town and wants to celebrate with me?  Does anyone know why this run has the word "whine" in it?  Is it all uphill?  That would certainly be appropriate...failing that I will focus on the wine vs whine :)

Happy running and happy and safe Labor Day weekend to all!

No comments:

Post a Comment