Saturday, November 2, 2013

Thanksgiving month begins...!

No one doesn't like Thanksgiving.


Smiling after a thankful breakfast at Taos Diner
In addition to this being a wonderful holiday on its own merits, I assume that I must've been conceived (ick!) around now, so it's really almost my embryonic birthday!

First baby picture
We just have so darn much to be thankful for this year, even as we look to the challenges ahead.

Last year I held my first grown-up Thanksgiving, no more nachos-are-just-as-symbolic-as-turkey and yes, I made more food than 10 guests could ever consume, so we checked the block of celebrating in the proper American tradition. We definitely don't own 10 chairs so I assume like any horrible hostess that I asked the guests to BYOC, or maybe we had a couch-and-coffee table affair?

Either way, I'm still recovering from the Thanksgiving 2012 cooking fest. I loved it. I loved it so much, but I don't have the time this year as I won't be back home until the day beforehand. This is a letdown for D but also an excuse for us to go out for Thanksgiving this year. I will possibly be even more thankful that I don't have the mountain of dishwashing homework :).

I hope to spend the holiday with at least some of the same friends as last year. I am so thankful that many of the people who have blessed my life are close enough for us to have dinner together this year and even far more often than once a year. And together we can toast to those who are far away or no longer here at all.

I'm compensating for gluttony with 2 pre-Thanksgiving 10K Turkey Trots and we hope to hit the slopes in NM for a day or two. Now, what to do about the delicious food in Taos and D's favorite, breakfast at Taos Diner?

What will you do?  Here's a poll... 

My goal is to run 100 miles in November, please join me!  97 more to go...

No comments:

Post a Comment