Monday, May 27, 2013

Memorial Day and some time on the treadmill

...there are lots of people I remember today.  Thanks to everyone for their service.

Today I'm repeating yesterday's workout, stolen a while ago from Running Times, I believe:
It's called "Minutes" and I can zone out and let my mind wander, and think, and remember.

And it takes me a tidy 40 minutes on the 'mill.

1 min "on"/1min "off" x 20

Yesterday I did my "on" minutes at 7.2 mph and my "off" minutes at 7.8 mph, same today.
So it's a 5 mile workout for me, but it's infinitely adjustable for good/bad/rest days and I particularly like it when I know it's going to be a long day ahead at work.  Sometimes I compete with the stupid stupid LEDs on the treadmill as they countdown and it can make for a lot of pushy workouts that leave me burned and angry-hungry-grumpy by 0600, making me a day-long Captain Crabbykins.  This workout holds me to a reasonable session and leaves me more time to shower (bonus for everyone!).

I am trying to watch my sun exposure as we approach summer so I am doing more time on the treadmill.  Not my favorite thing but neither is a sun burn or its nefarious sequelae. 

No comments:

Post a Comment